25 August 2009

Weltraffer


Remember Alles Ist Die Noppe ? Well, I thought I might blog another one of its creator's Brickfilms. This one, which was nominated for best set design in the BiM Awards.

The film, called 'Weltraffer', shows the history of the world on a constantly rotating Lego baseplate. The animation is incredible, with the landscape building up and down, and there was certainly a lot of work put into this. The one thing that marked it down for me was the music - now, I know that everyone likes to make their own music (I do), but sometimes your music is just not good enough. If it was a bad film, I would be OK with it having bad music. But this is certainly not a bad film - so it deserves something better. Some sort of film soundtrack, maybe some John Williams.

Music aside, Weltraffer is a feat of the imagination - and modern-day Brickfilming. Look closely at it and you'll notice some clever little details, such as the priest squashing a globe to show that the Earth was flat.

Weltraffer from nichtgedreht on Vimeo.