7 August 2009

Lego Speeder Bike competition entries


Just a few days ago, Dali Zheng over at the LSB (Lego speeder bikes) Flickr group launched the LSB competition , searching for the best Lego speeder bikes out there. Entries must be under 6 bricks tall, 6 bricks wide and 16 bricks long, cannot have an enclosing cockpit and must be able to fit a minifigure.

The competition doesn't close 'til the end of this month, but I thought I might review some of the entries so far...

 I really like this first entry by Pyrefyre , with its racing stripes a small, strong shape. Not all speeder bikes need long struts out the front, you know.
When it comes to light grey, nothing beats T. Oestchner , and he even entered some Classic Space goodness into this competition, with a clanky-looking bulky speeder. Possibly a bit too crowded, if you ask me.
I don't think anything inspired me more than Stenertje's Octan speeder bike. I simply love the made-up oil company which pops up here and there in Lego sets, and this sponsored racing-bike is just awesome.
It was only a matter of time before someone made a Power Miners speeder bike, a Tito0o0o won that race, with this great-looking sleek 'shark-nosed' bike.
And finally there's another lime green 'bike from CurlyFryGuy , with more wonderful shapes, especially that front part. Es ist wünderbar!

That's all the top entries for now. I'll update you all nearer the end of the competition's time!

~John

No comments: