30 August 2009

More Space Police


Now, I've said before that I never really rated David Pagano highly as a minifigure animator: I preferred his work with larger figures, such as in Little Guys or Playback. Luckily, the three new episodes in his series for Lego are brilliant.


It was always going to be tricky following in the footsteps of Spite Your Face (with such films as Doc Ock) as a Brickfilmer making films for TLG, but I must say Pagano has done excellently. The graphics and SFX are near-perfect and gleaming with authenticity. Though the plot may be a little quick (due to a time limit TLG had set, probably), Pagano gets the action done with ease, style and clarity - even throwing in a few witty one-liners here and there. Sure, there are parts of the films where you can see that TLG said to Pagano: 'look, put this bit in to show that our products have flick-fire missiles' or 'have flick-fire missile targets which explode the holding pod', but I really don't mind. All I can say is well done, Pagano.

Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4


~John

No comments: