22 July 2009

Not an 'Indiana Jones in space' type.

This new lightbox test-turned-proper MOC from Monkfish44 was too cool for me to ignore and not blog. Apart from the lighting, there's a load more to this little vignette. As well as space cargo boxes, there's rockets, a mech and a great description:
You hear these stories that those "Indiana Jones In Space Types" tell, all the adventure and glamour. What the bastards neglect to tell you about is us. The lackeys that have to work on their cobbled-together ships, because we have nowhere else to go. From fixing the engines to fetching their favourite pair of socks from storage. I wouldn't mind if we had decent wages, but we don't!

You know, I happen to like the ground. I like not having to worry about the airlock fucking up and me being shot into space. I like plants. I like people. I only ever wanted to be an electrician and look after my family. But I'm stuck here, in somebody else's tin-can, fixing somebody else's problems.

No comments: