21 February 2010

Shannon Young's guide to ratios


A lot of aspiring builders get very confused by all the measurements involved - half-stud offsets, headlight bricks, brackets, and the 5:6 ratio (brick height to brick length). I must admit than even I have never fully understood the measurements of headlight bricks, though I use them regularly in my building. Luckily the AFOL Shannon Young has recently written an easy-to-understand guide to all SNOT techniques. Check it out here. It's essential reading for any builder!





~John



2 comments:

cossaw said...

That's a very nice set of examples of very simple, but not officially shown, ways of combining bricks.
Thanks for sharing, and linking, though I can't reach the mocpage in question yet :)

Unknown said...

That last example is a cracker. I have often had trouble using base plates with regular bricks and plates. Never realised you could connect them like that. Thanks.