23 December 2009

Newly leaked images: Mid-2010 Castle sets


Dano, along with some other people, has just released images from a Dutch Lego catalogue of mid-2010 sets. Without further ado, let's take a look at what will be available in June and July next year...


The new Castle theme is called 'Lego Kingdoms' and features the usual two factions fighting each other, kind of like those bull-crest soldiers fighting the guys with the eyepatches in an old Castle theme. I think you can tell I'm not a Castle fan...





There's all the usual stuff - catapults (quite old school, if I remember correctly), knights on horses... and what looks like a great new helmet! The 'baddies' have a dark green, brown and gold colour scheme (that should provide some good dark green parts), whilst the 'goodies' have a white, red and silver colour scheme.







The big castle looks, as many have commented, very old school, and I have no problem with this! It's fantastic to see Lego going back to their roots, especially with Castle themes. "More of this!" Is all I can say.


Even this £7er looks like a great set for parts - there's even a new horse face guard and what may be a new horn piece. I'm getting serious déjà vu from this set!

This new Castle theme looks like the best in a long time... Lego have shrugged off the façade of blatant popularism, and ditched doll-like knights and giant trolls. They've gone back to the basics with Kingdoms, and boy am I glad to see it. I may just buy my first Castle set in 9 years.

~John

No comments: