8 April 2009

Brickspace Dictionary: Chibi

Chibi (n.) (Chi·bi)
The word 'Chibi' is used as a suffix before the name of a MOC to show that it is a smaller version of another MOC or set. For example, the MOC shown on the right is Jacob's Chibi Monarch. It is a smaller, 'cuter' version of his other creation called Monarch, shown below the Chibi Monarch.
The word 'Chibi' comes from a series of manga drawings and cartoons of small, nose-less and large-eyed cute-looking characters. This series is called Chibi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I wish I had taken a better shot of the chibi version!

John said...

^ Yeah, I wish you would have, but it's hard to photograph an all-black creation.

Unknown said...

I'm actually pretty experienced with all black, it's just that it was so small and so quick a build, that I used a sketchbook and a lamp to photograph it (read: single light source).