25 January 2009

Bodville- The bull's new caravan


The other day, someone left a comment about their video on one of our other videos so I decided to add it to the site. Can I please stress though, that you should not advertise your videos on the site and instead e-mail john (john@brickspace.org ) and ask him to add it. Anyway, this is a really great video however you can see it was made in 24 hours. It is somewhat incomplete but it's generally quite funny, the story's a bit random but oh well. My favourite part is where the ship is put together. I'm going to give this 3/5 as it isn't completely finished, but what should I expect from a 24 hour film competition. It was made by 1490 D4V3 and you can find it on 'Vimeo' by clicking here. And remember, e-mail us to tell us about your video's!



-Luke, editor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 Hours of animation recording followed by 8 hours of editing. Yes it could have done with another 24 hours, but that misses the point, it was an entry in a 24 hour animation competition.
"This film IS finished" - 1390 D4V3

PS. my word verification was "oseys" which reads a lot like ozzies. That's kinda cool as I'm from Australia (Oz).

Anonymous said...

“…the story's a bit random” - Luke

I had similar comments from people I showed at work who are not AFOLs.

The Bulls are the outlaws from the year 2000 castle series but unlike all the other bad guys they never had a castle. Cedric the Bull is their leader so I have him driving the red car while the rest get drunk in the caravan. Hence the title "The Bulls New Caravan". The title has nothing to do with the bull in the field at the end.

I scripted 3 major scenes but only two got recorded due to time constraints. The missing scene involed Nick from props with two Robots. One was mini-fig scale which I actually built. He had moveable legs & arms and could bend at the waist.

I turned off onion skinning while capturing the walk cycle of the brave outlaw. The randomness this created makes him stagger and lean a bit as he is supposed to be drunk, in fact all the bulls (except Credric) are drunk.

The ferry construction was recorded as the last ferry scene because I actually pulled it to pieces. The finished frames are just run in reverse order to make it appear to build. The ferry docking was also recorded in reverse.

The angry bull at the end is meant to be surreal as it was to represent how the Bull outlaws saw it while they were drunk.